Saturday 22 August 2015

Tuamotu Islands




                                         Tuamotu Islands
The Tuamotu Islands are a group of islands and atolls in French Polynesia.
They form the largest chain of atolls on the planet!
The Tuamotu islands were first settled by Polynesians.
Location: Pacific
Total islands: 78
Area: 850 km2
Population: 15.862




                                  The largest atoll in the Tuamotu Islands:
                                Rangiroa 
Rangiroa means vast sky. 
Location: Pacific
Area: 1,446 sq Km Lagoon and 79 km² (above water)  
Population: 2567

 
 
                       






4 comments:

  1. Hey! Just catching up with your posts 'cos I went to America & Canada for 6 weeks after camp. Some really cool stuff on here as always! Did you see the eclipse last night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I did not see it but the next morning I saw the gigantic moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I heard it was nice but I missed it. I didn't get up until 10:30 because I stayed up late! I was on a cool island in the summer. It wasn't remote but it was small. Mackinac island in Michigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's another cool article I came across that I thought you would be interested in...
    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151103-the-countries-that-dont-exist

    ReplyDelete